LOGISTICS READINESS OFFICER
PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING
Readiness starts long before we begin any mission. It’s the job of Logistics Readiness Officers to prepare our Airmen for anything by ensuring that every person and piece of equipment is ready to go. From distribution and materiel management to contingency and distribution, these experts have a wide range of operations under their watch, ensuring that everything gets where it needs to go, exactly when it needs to get there.
- Direct distribution management operations, including distribution functions and shipping of supplies
- Determine base readiness requirements
- Compute and analyze current and projected materiel requirements
- Direct contingency, fuel management, aerial port and vehicle management operations
- Formulate logistics management and fiscal policy for weapon systems
Bachelor’s degree with one of the following focuses: logistics management, economics, management, business administration, computer science, information management systems, finance, accounting, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering or industrial management
- Knowledge of distribution management, materiel management and contingency operations
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.