ACCOUNTING FOR EVERYTHING
No matter what their position is, every Airman needs equipment and supplies to do their job. Responsible for managing inventory, Materiel Management specialists administer and operate complex supply systems to ensure financial accountability for all of the utilized supplies. An incredibly detailed and critical job, these specialists ensure every asset—from paperclips to multimillion-dollar machinery—is accounted for and where it needs to be whenever our Airmen need them.
- Responsible for demand processing and mission support
- Manage, administer and operate supply systems and activities in order to provide the necessary equipment and supplies for Air Force operations
- Perform item and monetary accounting and inventory stock control
- Plan and schedule material storage and distribution activities
- Prevent unauthorized changes of information to the materiel management system database
- Control and operate the Remote Processing Station (RPS)
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
41 Administrative (A) or 44 General (G)
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Logistics
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.