PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING OFFICER
SETTING UNIFIED STANDARDS
Following the same policies and procedures bring a sense of teamwork and cohesion to everything we do. That’s in great part to Planning and Programming Officers. Responsible for developing and writing Air Force, joint services and combined plans, these professionals design plans that incorporate Air Force doctrine and war-fighting capabilities to ensure that the hundreds of thousands of Airmen around the world remain united.
- Develop and write Air Force plans, programs and policies
- Analyze the effectiveness of programming decisions
- Coordinate programming actions to resolve issues
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in management, business administration, international affairs or political science
- Knowledge of Air Force, joint services or combined plan development for the planning, programming and budgeting system and planning or programming in multifunctional areas
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.