BETTERING OUR BASES
It takes all types of Airmen to perform duties necessary to keep our bases operational. It’s the job of Services specialists to maintain and operate hotels, restaurants and fitness centers at bases all over the world. These experts perform a variety of tasks; from conducting physical fitness tests to helping families relocate to new bases in order to support their fellow Airmen and keep our operations running smoothly.
- Manage and direct Force Support programs, operations and retail operations
- Establish and supervise facilities that provide food, lodging and sports among others
- Manage a budget for a variety of services
- Determine effectiveness of service and retail operation programs
- Promote physical fitness to maintain Air Force unit readiness
- Coordinate with commanders to ensure readiness of unit
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
24 General (G)
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and management principles
- No record of disciplinary action for financial responsibility, shoplifting, larceny, petty larceny or theft
- Ability to speak distinctly
- Never been convicted by courts-martial
- Never been convicted and sentenced to confinement by a civilian court
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Lee VA
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Hospitality and Fitness Management
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.