GETTING THINGS WHERE THEY’RE GOING
From paper clips to helicopters, the Air Force ships millions of dollars' worth of equipment and supplies around the world every year. It’s the responsibility of Traffic Management specialists to manage the transportation of personnel and their dependents, material and property as they travel from base to base. A vital job that requires great attention to detail, these experts keep track of every shipment in order to ensure everything gets into the right hands at the right time.
- Ensure that shipments are ready for transport
- Assist personnel and dependents with their personal property movements
- Prepare transportation requests and authorizations
- Arrange for quality-control visits to personal property pickup sites
- Select and arrange official travel for individuals and groups
- Schedule proper carrier equipment for loading and unloading
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
35 Administrative (A)
- Knowledge of federal, international and military transportation regulations
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Must maintain ability to ship, transport, possess or receive firearms
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Lee VA
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Transportation
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.