AIRLIFT/SPECIAL MISSION AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
ENSURING THAT OUR AIRCRAFT FLY
We do everything we can to keep our aircraft in peak condition at all times. Conducting pre- and postflight inspections, Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance specialists ensure that all our aircraft are operational and ready to fly. Primarily responsible for general maintenance, these technicians also determine when repairs require the focus of an individual systems specialist so the aircraft are ready to go whenever they’re needed.
- Maintain aircraft, support equipment, forms and records
- Perform aircraft inspections and advises on problems, maintenance and servicing
- Interpret and discuss inspection findings
- Supervise and assist in launching and recovering aircraft
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
length varies with aircraft
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.