CREATING SAFE CONSTRUCTION
It’s critical that Air Force buildings and structures are not only maintained, but remain combat ready. Responsible for coming up with and implementing solutions to complex problems, Civil Engineers keep our facilities and utilities running effectively. From drafting, surveying and planning to explosive ordnance disposal and disaster preparedness, these highly trained engineers provide necessary problem skills and a wide range of expertise to thousands of structures around the world.
- Master drafting, surveying and construction management
- Assess damage and perform necessary repairs
- Support combat operations and activities
- Maintain emergency response force to cope with enemy attacks, major accidents and natural disasters
- Determine requirements and direct operations and repairs of facility and utility systems
- Dispose of conventional, nuclear and chemical biological weapons
Bachelor’s degree in architecture or civil, electrical, environmental, construction, architectural, industrial, mechanical engineering, biomedical, chemical, petroleum, aerospace or construction management
- Knowledge of contingency engineering, construction, repair management and protection and prevention procedures
- Completion of necessary Air Force Institute of Technology courses
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in subspecialty field
- Additional requirements specific to subspecialty
- Normal color vision and depth perception
- Minimum height of 4'10", maximum of 6'8"
- No record of claustrophobia
- Valid, passing Air Force Physical score
- No record of emotional instability
- Completion of Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.