KEEPING EVERYTHING CONNECTED
Every Air Force base and installation around the world requires electricity to operate successfully. Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining this electrical network, Electrical Systems specialists ensure that our primary source of energy is always available. From space command communicating with our satellites to hospitals operating lifesaving equipment, every Air Force function depends on this crucial service provided by these experts.
- Install, service, modify and repair electrical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and recommend necessary repair procedures
- Install and maintain airfield lighting systems
- Survey proposed work to determine resource requirements
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Knowledge of the principles of electricity and electronics
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- No fear of heights
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Electronic Systems Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.