HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION
IN CONTROL OF COMFORT
Climate control plays a large role in the comfort and efficiency of our Airmen as well as our electronic equipment. Responsible for maintaining the mechanical systems that keep our surroundings temperature-controlled, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) specialists ensure that every space at their respective base is functioning correctly. These experts install, maintain and repair the different HVAC/R systems necessary for us to complete our operations in a variety of climates all over the world.
- Install, maintain and operate heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment
- Perform recurring maintenance and seasonal overhaul on every system
- Solve maintenance problems through use of wiring, schematic drawings and analyzing construction
- Survey proposed work to determine resource requirements
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
55 Mechanical (M) or 45 Electronics (E)
- Knowledge of HVAC/R system principles, controls and components
- Normal color vision Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Electronic Systems Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.