Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance
ENSURING OUR STEALTH EFFECT
Advances in technology allow us to carry out aircraft missions without being detected, but it takes a skilled human touch to ensure the technology is properly in place. It’s the job of Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance specialists to design, fabricate and modify unique metals and bonded materials that create the stealth effect. From first application to repairing structural damage, these experts make sure aircraft can continually complete their missions completely undetected.
- Apply low observable materials and coatings to aircraft
- Repair structural parts and components while preserving an aircraft’s structural integrity
- Determine the extent of damage to an aircraft and perform finishes and repairs accordingly
- Inspect final assembly to determine operational status
- Manufacture layouts, jigs, fixtures and molds
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
47 Mechanical (M)
- Knowledge of low observable aircraft construction features
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Pensacola NAS, FL
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aircraft Structural Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.