MISSION GENERATION VEHICULAR EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
KEEPING OUR FLEET MOVING
The Air Force utilizes a wide range of vehicles that require a wide range of maintenance needs. Responsible for inspecting and troubleshooting vehicle repairs, Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance specialists make sure that every vehicle on the base remains in working order. From snow blowers and dump trucks to forklifts and cranes, these experts are trained to service every system on every vehicle so our base operations can continue running smoothly.
- Perform vehicle maintenance activities on military vehicles and equipment
- Determine the overall mechanical condition of vehicles and equipment
- Remove and install electrical components to facilitate repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance and special inspections
- Properly handle the disposal of hazardous waste
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Normal color vision
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Port Hueneme CA
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Vehicle Maintenance
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.