REFUEL/BOMBER AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
SAFETY THROUGH ESSENTIAL UPKEEP
Keeping our fleet refueled and our bombers ready to fly are monumental tasks. It’s the job of the Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance specialists to inspect, troubleshoot and repair aircraft structures, engines and hydraulic systems. These professionals do everything from removing and installing engine components to identifying corrosion for prevention and repair to ensure that every time aircraft are in use they are safe and operating at full capacity.
- Utilize technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft
- Adjust, align and rig aircraft systems
- Inspect and check components for clearances, tolerences, proper installation and operation
- Inventory and maintain aircraft equipment
- Supervise the launching and recovery of aircraft
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
47 Mechanical (M)
- Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems
- Normal color vision
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
length varies with aircraft
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.