BUILDING OUR BASES
The buildings and structures on each base are integral to every part of Air Force operations. It’s the job of Structural Specialists to construct and repair any buildings and other structures from the foundation up. These highly trained experts use their varied skill sets and specialized materials, tools and equipment to build anything we need, from improvised emergency disaster relief shelters to locker rooms.
- Construct, maintain, plan and repair wooden, masonry and concrete buildings and structures, including concrete footings, foundations, walls, floor slabs, piers and columns
- Lay structures according to blueprints, building plans and other directives
- Install interior and exterior trim and finishing materials
- Repair and install manufactured locking devices
- Erect scaffolding and work from ladders and mobile platforms
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
47 Mechanical (M)
- Knowledge of building maintenance, repair and construction
- Normal color vision
- Freedom from fear of heights
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Construction Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.