AVIONICS TEST STATION AND COMPONENTS
FINETUNING FLIGHT EQUIPMENT
Air Force aircraft are equipped with some of the world’s most sophisticated electronic systems. Avionics Test Station and Components specialists are responsible for ensuring that these systems remain perfectly calibrated. These professionals inspect and maintain everything from aircraft radar and weapons control to the testing equipment essential to the maintenance process. So when our aircraft are deployed, every system is in perfect working order.
- Maintain aircraft electronic equipment such as radar and navigation systems
- Perform operational tests on test equipment, support equipment and aircraft components
- Repair both the aircraft equipment and the associated test equipment
- Organize the facilities to ensure parts are stocked and available
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
70 Electronics (E)
- Knowledge of electrical theory and electronic fundamentals
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
73 - 90 days
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Avionics Systems Technology