KEEPING HOSPITALS HIGHTECH
With today’s technology, providing top-notch healthcare means having top-rate equipment. So when medical devices need repairing and/or replacing, it’s the job of Biomedical Equipment specialists to fix the problem. From replacing parts and repairing components to inspecting equipment to ensure they fall within operating regulations, these professionals play a critical part in keeping our hospitals and field clinics fully operational.
- Install, repair and modify biomedical equipment and support systems
- Inspect biomedical equipment systems to ensure they comply with technical standards and specifications
- Develop new procedures to be implemented for maintenance activities
- Perform preventive maintenance and safety inspections
- Manage facility management programs
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
60 Mechanical (M) and 70 Electronics (E)
- Normal color vision
- Minimum of 18 years old prior to entry into technical training
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Biomedical Equipment Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.