NUCLEAR AND MISSILE OPERATIONS OFFICER
THE POWERS BEHIND OUR POWER
As an elite military power, we have unparallelled nuclear and missile capabilities. It is the great responsibility of Nuclear and Missile Operations Officers to run and manage these operations. By assessing the effectiveness of missile operations systems and incorporating new technology, they develop future plans for systems, facilities and personnel. Performing associated command, control, communication and launch activities, these experts ensure that we continue to successfully defend and support the United States and allied forces.
- Coordinate nuclear and missile operations policies, activities and programs
- Establish training requirements and performance standards
- Advise commanders and staff on offensive and defensive unit capabilities
- Operate and control nuclear and missile operations
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with science/technical/engineering/math disciplines
- Completion of training specific to Nuclear and Missile Operations
- Meet physical qualifications for Missile Operator duty
- Succesfully screened for eligibility and meet requirements of the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP)
- Completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.