PRECISION MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT LABORATORY
ENSURING EXACTING EQUIPMENT
Any time a piece of equipment or machinery is used, there are an infinite number of things that need to work perfectly. Responsible for calibrating equipment used in virtually every phase of maintenance, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory specialists ensure that every piece of equipment is in precise working order. These experts must utilize exacting attention to detail as they take measurements in increments as small as millionths to ensure everything is safe for our Airmen to operate.
- Repair, calibrate and modify test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE)
- Record and report maintenance data
- Provide training and manage technical order distributions
- Develop workload plans and budget
- Dispose of hazardous materials according to environmental standards
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, physics, optics and thermal principles
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Electronic Systems Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.