AIRBORNE MISSION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
MANAGING THE CHAOS OF WAR
Effective command and control is critical to a mission’s success. Responsible for operating the radar, communications and electronic equipment, Airborne Mission Systems Specialists help manage the battle space during tactical and strategic missions. Coordinating all of the necessary data received on airborne command centers, these specialists provide critical information to pilots and ground units during missions and operations all over the world.
- Perform aircrew duties on numerous airborne platforms
- Inspect and operate airborne communications with ground, air and sea surface units
- Perform and supervise airborne equipment operations and maintenance
- Determine optimum airborne equipment settings
- Gather, record and distribute information between our different command units
- Operate aircraft emergency systems and equipment
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
Courses in mathematics, physics, computer principles, speech, and English is desired.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
70 Electronics (E)
- Completion of the Aircrew Fundamentals course
- Completion of the Airborne Mission Systems Operator course
- Normal depth perception
- Height not less than 59 inches and no more than 80 inches
- Completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or equivalent
- Successfully complete a Class III Flight Physical
- Must maintain eligibility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Information Systems Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.