CREATING A CRITICAL BALANCE
Extensive coordination goes into planning any Air Force flight, especially when transporting both people and supplies. Responsible for properly loading, securing and escorting cargo and passengers, Aircraft Loadmasters custom load aircraft before any flight. From calculating proper weight distribution to providing for passenger comfort throughout the flight, these specialists ensure everything and everyone is safe and secure on flights all over the world.
- Conduct preflight inspection of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment
- Supervise the loading and unloading of cargo, vehicles and people on the airplane
- Ensure availability of fleet service equipment and passenger comfort items
- Conduct in-flight checks on cargo to ensure safety
- Perform scanning duties to detect problems with the airplane or cargo during ground and flying operations
High school diploma or GED with 15 college credits
- Completion of the Aircrew Fundamentals course
- Physical qualification for aircrew duty
- Normal depth perception
- Qualification for aviation service
- Eligibility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- Height must be no less than 64 inches and no more than 77 inches.
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Operations
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.