OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
NUMBERS DON’T LIE
When it comes to making a critical decision, it’s crucial to have the data to back it up. In the Air Force, we have Operations Research Analyst officers whose role is to apply advanced analytical methods to provide commanders and decision-makers with relevant, accurate and timely information. They also work in tandem with Data Science officers to ensure their insights are precise.
- Apply a structured approach to problem-solving using data
- Formulate problems, determine known and unknown parameters/variables, and select the appropriate methodology and models to solve the problem
- Perform sensitivity analysis to highlight risk within uncertain environments
- Visually display and communicate complex quantitative and qualitative information
Bachelor’s degree or be within one year of attaining your degree.
A passing score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.