Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 120 semester hours
Master of Divinity or equivalent theological degree with no less than 72 hours from an accredited institution.
Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB
Two years of religious ministry leadership experience
Other faith groups
Must be a U.S. citizen
Receive an Ecclesiastical Endorsement from a DoD-recognized endorser
Meet medical and physical fitness standards
No convictions by courts-martial or by civilian courts (except for minor traffic violations or similar infractions)
No disciplinary action for engaging in an unprofessional or inappropriate relationship
No record of disciplinary action for financial irresponsibility, domestic violence or child abuse
Be commissioned by 40 years of age, age waivers may be available
*When you join the chaplain corps, you will be commissioned as an officer. Your rank will be based on education level and experience.
The Air Force Chaplain Candidate Program is an exciting opportunity for seminary and other professional religious school students to evaluate their compatibility and potential for commissioning as an Air Force Chaplain.
- An Ecclesiastical Endorsement (DoD Form 2088)
- An initial screening from an Air Force Recruiting Service Chaplain Recruiter
- A religious leadership experience skills set résumé
- Official academic transcripts from your educational institutions
- A Department of Defense physical at the nearest Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS)
- Submission of a security clearance and credit check screening