AIRLIFT/SPECIAL MISSION AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
ENSURING THAT OUR AIRCRAFT FLY
We do everything we can to keep our aircraft in peak condition at all times. Conducting pre- and postflight inspections, Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance specialists ensure that all our aircraft are operational and ready to fly. Primarily responsible for general maintenance, these technicians also determine when repairs require the focus of an individual systems specialist so the aircraft are ready to go whenever they’re needed.
- Maintain aircraft, support equipment, forms and records
- Perform aircraft inspections and advises on problems, maintenance and servicing
- Interpret and discuss inspection findings
- Supervise and assist in launching and recovering aircraft
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
47 Mechanical (M)
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
Length varies with aircraft.
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology