Wyoming offers its Air National Guard members up to 100 percent tuition assistance to state colleges and the University of Wyoming.
Wyoming Air National Guard members benefit from an annual life insurance reimbursement from the state for each monthly premium paid during a calendar year.
STATE TAX ADVANTAGE
Wyoming residents are exempt from state income tax.
Wyoming state employees who serve in the Air National Guard get 15 days of military leave per year and have exclusive access to distinctive auto plates. Additionally, Wyoming provides a tax exemption to veterans for vehicles and property.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options